AçıklamaAtlas of Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia, by Andrew T. Gray, MD, PhD, shows you how to get the maximum benefit from this technique, while at the same time increasing your efficiency and ensuring patient safety. Dr. Gray, a pioneer of ultrasound guidance in regional anesthesia, demonstrates step-by-step a full range of nerve block techniques designed to help you improve the quality and success rate of regional blocks.
* Presents coverage of each block through a consistent organization that makes it easy to locate the information you need and allows for better learning.
* Offers review-style questions that test your knowledge and competence and offer an excellent tool for ABA board exam preparation.
* Includes more than 400 figures for visualization of the nerves and surrounding structures.
* Helpful hints, including information on pronunciation
As the title states, this is an atlas of ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia with abundant, well-annotated images.
Purpose: It is intended to serve as a reference and teaching resource. This is a desperate need for many practitioners, and this book is likely to become the gold standard, bedside reference.
Audience: The audience is anyone who might perform the blocks it so beautifully illustrates, including anesthesia residents, pain fellows, and attending-level practitioners in both private practice and academia. While it might be useful for teaching students rotating through anesthesia, the book is clearly targeted at those who perform these blocks.
Features: It includes a brief review of the physics of capturing ultrasound images, as well as some very practical and useful chapters about the application of ultrasound in the performance of regional anesthesia (e.g. chapters on approach techniques and sonographic signs of successful injections). The images are vastly better than most practitioners can obtain, and are richly and effectively annotated. It reads easily, as any useful bedside/clinical atlas should. Wisely, the author has avoided talking about drugs, volumes, and dosages, information which is reasonable to expect practitioners to know or obtain from other resources.
Assessment: If you practice ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia, you are likely to find this an invaluable bedside resource. If you teach ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia, you will find this an indispensable reference. It is large enough to be really useful, yet light/small enough to be very portable. I anticipate that it will become a must-have addition to most anesthesia libraries, and that copies will find their way to most places where regional anesthesia is performed.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections